Post donation advice
- Keep the band aids on your arm for next 6 hours
- Drink plenty of fluids for next 48 hours
- Lie down or sit down with your head between your knees if you feel dizzy
- Continue your routine activities
- Have a balanced diet with foods rich in iron and vitamin C like red meat, liver, green leafy vegetables, beans, lentils, and fruits like oranges, papaya or lemons.
- If you experience any bleeding from the donation site, raise your arm and apply pressure with other hand. If you notice redness, pain or swelling or a bruise at the donation area, please contact the blood bank for assistance.
- Please do not leave the blood bank area immediately after donating blood.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking for the rest of the day
- Avoid strenuous or risky work or exercise on the day of donation.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects with the arm used for blood collection for the rest of the day.